Friday, March 10, 2006

Shutdown, but Restarts Instead

I've been having this problem for a long time now. It's really more annoying than anything. When I go to Start->Turn Off Computer->Restart, my computer shuts down. I've searched all over trying to find a solution.

I am thinking it may be related to this error I get in Event Viewer:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: USER32
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1073
Date: 5/18/2005
Time: 9:49:08 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: LAPTOP
Description:
The attempt to reboot LAPTOP failed


Data:
0000: 00 00 00 00 ....

I am thinking maybe I have a service that is not stopping correctly, but I have not been able to find it yet.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

It looks like the system was hanging when trying to "Restart", because of my brother using an encryption program, called MaxCrypt. It's a nice program, but it has always had problem showing up in the tast bar. So, I now have it set up to NOT run at startup, and I will now only use it when I am going to shut it down again before I try to "restart".

4 Comments:

At Friday, March 10, 2006 3:45:00 PM, Blogger The Writers Blog -- Joanne Nakaya said...

Check the registry.

 
At Friday, March 10, 2006 6:20:00 PM, Blogger Faizal R said...

your page layout sucks

 
At Friday, March 10, 2006 10:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Sunday, March 12, 2006 4:21:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Use the program for check of the list

 

Post a Comment

<< Home